GT Performer Equine
Veterinary Science in a Bucket | Holistic & Wholesome
In its natural environment in the wild, a horse eats small amounts of herbage mixed with saliva for 16 to 18 hours a day, where the saliva helps neutralize the gut acids. In captivity, horses are often fed twice daily only and the gut linings for most of the day are exposed to gastric acids without food constantly moving through the horse’s digestive system. Studies have shown up to 80% of performance horses that are stabled or only have access to limited feeds have gastric ulcers in the force and hindguts.
GT Performer can assist stabilizing the microbes of the hind gut so that beneficial bacteria can prevail resulting in a reduction of hindgut acidosis allowing normal fermentation and digestion to resume. Immunity and anti-inflammatory effects of B glucans assist the vitamin B (from fermentation and within GT Performer) in reducing stress on the horse and promoting healing of the mucosal linings of the gut.
Antibiotic or anti-inflammatory overuse or extended use can change the gut flora, as can high starch diet or performance related stress, traveling, weaning, breaking in. Acidosis can result, so the use of GT Performer in these circumstances is highly recommended.
- Overall improved quality of health & wellbeing
- Helps improve performance & attitude
- Increased ability to cope with stress
- Improved coats & strong hoof growth through the Biotin enriched formula
- Improved feed conversion, digestion & appetite
- Better quality mares milk, colostrum & foal development
- May assist in reducing the risk of ulcers, colic, laminitis, impactions, gas & diarrhoea
- Behavioral problems including windsucking, girthpride, rearing, biting, kicking, poor transitions & extensions can all benefit
- Increased fibre & crude protein digestion
- Stabilisation of the digestive system, reducing the risk of colic and laminitis.
- Weanlings/Ponies U12hh – 1/2 Cup
- Horses 12-16hh – 1 Cup
- Horses over 16hh – 2 Cups
- Brood mares/Lactating mares U15hh – 1 Cup
- Brood mares/Lactating mares O15hh – 2 Cups
- Storage: store in a Dry/Cool place below 35 degree out of sunlight